Terms & Conditions of Hire
- In agreeing to hire Partridge House as your function venue, you are classed as the ‘Hirer’, Partridge House is the ‘Venue Provider’ and Instyle Catering is the ‘Caterer’ for all formal sit down functions, cocktail functions for over 50 people, high tea for over 30 people and all wedding receptions. Self-catering and external caterers are permitted for informal functions and light refreshments. Further clarification on your catering can be discussed with the Function and Venue Coordinator.
- Before submitting an application form and payment, you must make a tentative booking with the Partridge House Function and Venue Coordinator to confirm that your preferred date, time, and location are available. Email: [email protected] or call 82299980 to make a tentative booking.
- Your completed application form and payment of a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total hire fee must be received in full within 14 days of making a tentative booking. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit is received. If the deposit is not received or an extension is requested and approved in writing by Partridge House staff within 14 days, your tentative booking will be cancelled.
- Venue hire fees are to be paid in total at least one month prior to the function date. Fees are subject to variation. Hire fees will be those applicable at the date of the signed application form.
- All chairs and tables utilised for the hire period need to be returned to where they were found on entry to the venue. Any excess furniture utilised from the storage room needs to be returned to the storage room.
Venue Hire Time Period:
- Venue Access to Partridge House will be the hours outlined on the application form as agreed by the coordinator. Extra hire time required for set up or pack down must be booked not assumed.
- Hirer and guests are to vacate the premises by 11.30pm for an evening function.
7. As there are residents nearby, music is to be kept to a level at or below that approved by the Partridge House Function and Venue Coordinator and music must cease by 11pm.
8. You must advise the Partridge House Function and Venue Coordinator of additional equipment that has been hired for your private function, and negotiate arrangements for delivery and collection. Additional charges may apply to provide access to the grounds or on-site storage. Availability of on-site storage cannot be assumed.
9. All reasonable directions of the Partridge House Function and Venue Coordinator are to be complied with and access given to Council Representatives.
10. The “Hirer” is responsible for the behaviour of their guests at all times whilst at Partridge House and for any damage caused during the hire period. The City of Holdfast Bay reserves the right to recover from the hirer any costs arising from misuse, damage, or excessive untidiness. The venue is to be left in a clean and tidy condition.
11. Any additional hire time, cleaning, or damage charges incurred will be invoiced after your event, and payment terms will be 14 days
12. Smoking is permitted within the grounds (only) of Partridge House, however, smoking is not permitted in any location where food and/or beverages are served, or within ten (10) metres of the children’s playground equipment.
13. Parking is available on grounds for up to two (2) vehicles and a permit must be displayed on the dashboard. The venue coordinator will allocate the parking permit once the booking has been secured.
14. Cancellations must be made in writing and sent to [email protected] partridgehouse.com.au. No refund will be given but every effort will be made to re-book another suitable date for the event. Only one date change per booking will be considered.
Additional Terms & Conditions of Hire Weddings/Receptions
15. If additional venue hire time for the setup or pack down is required, this needs to be negotiated with Partridge House Venue Coordinator. Access for delivery vehicles to unload and load items for the ceremony or reception must be pre-arranged with the Venue Coordinator.
16. Partridge House must be notified of any additional equipment that has been hired for your wedding ceremony and reception and negotiate delivery and collection times before the event. Additional charges for early access and storage may apply. Availability of on-site storage cannot be assumed.
17. Fresh Rose petals are permitted on the grounds (only) but not within the house. Confetti scatters, sparklers, coloured sprays or rice may not be used anywhere on the property.
18. A maximum of three (3) bridal cars are permitted to park in the grounds of Partridge House. No other vehicles are permitted to park on the grounds. Please provide car registration numbers or the hire company name and type of vehicle no later than one week prior to the venue hire date to [email protected]
19. The Partridge House gardens are accessible to the public. Whilst your booking may reserve a specific location within the grounds for your ceremony, it does not provide or permit exclusive use of the entire grounds.
20. Your one (1) hour wedding ceremony rehearsal is included in your wedding booking and must be booked in with the Venue Coordinator. The rehearsal is not necessarily staffed, but bookings are required. Weekend rehearsal times are limited and cannot be booked more than two (2) weeks in advance.
21. You and your guests must comply with these terms and conditions and all reasonable directions of Partridge House staff, our Caterer, and their staff or other Council representatives.